Ranges – Exhaust / Venting
STANDARD 350 C.F.M. EXHAUST FAN
The standard 350 c.f.m. exhaust fan, included in the upper cabinet of your range, is factory-set to recirculate air through a charcoal filter. It can also be used to outside-vent exhaust if there is not more than one 90 degree elbow or more than ten feet between the range and the outside wall. This fan exhausts air only from the back of the range cabinet – it cannot be adapted for top-venting.
EXHAUST OUTLET LOCATION
Height from floor to center of duct opening is 62 5/8″ (60 5/8″ for short leg models). From left base cabinet countertop overhang to center of duct opening is 15 3/8″.
OPTIONAL #1518 520 C.F.M. IN-LINE EXHAUST BLOWER
The optional in-line exhaust blower replaces the standard 350 c.f.m. exhaust fan provided in your range cabinet, and is to be installed by your contractor where your exhaust ducting exits the house. The inline blower should be ordered when you purchase your range – the range and wiring must be modified to accommodate the blower. (The blower can be shipped in advance of the range for installation – additional shipping charges will apply.)
If you are outside-venting your range with more than 10 feet of ducting, or more than one elbow… or if you simply prefer a more powerful exhaust system … you should include the optional 520 c.f.m. in-line exhaust blower. The #1518 In-Line Blower exhausts smoke and cooking odors quickly and quietly, exiting the house up to 35 feet from the range. If desired, the blower can be mounted in the basement or attic for powerful, whisper-quiet operation.
- The blower can be mounted vertically, horizontally or at any angle.
- Backward-curved airfoil blades move maximum air with minimal sound.
- Fan and motor are precision balanced for quiet vibration-free operation.
- Blower wiring attaches to the junction box on the back of your range.
- 520 cubic feet / minute • 210 Watts, 115 Volts, 1.85 Amps, 60 Hz • Blower length: 9-1/8″
- Blower diameter: 13-1/2″ (electrical box protrudes 1-3/4″D X 4-1/2″W from side of blower)
- Inlet / outlet: 8″
- Warranty: One year
In-line Blower Kit Contains:
- Exhaust blower with 8″ inlet and outlet
- Adapter elbow – attaches to back of range, converts range outlet to 3-1/4″ X 10″ standard duct size.
- Duct adapter – converts 3-1/4″ X 10″ duct to 8″ round duct
- Back draft damper with spring return – prevents cold air from entering house when blower is not in use.
- Outside louver grill – covers the exhaust outlet at soffit or foundation wall. Louvers automatically close when the blower is not in use.
- Duct extender – mounts to back of range cabinet, replacing deflector plate.
- Duct pipe, roof flashing and roof cap (if required) are not included.
OUTSIDE WALL EXHAUST INSTALLATION
There are two options for venting an Antique range directly through an outside wall behind the range: using the standard exhaust fan located in the upper cabinet, or using the optional Model 1519 wall-mounted exhaust fan which mounts on the outside of the wall behind the stove (see below for details).